Saturday, February 5, 2011

Not My Destiny (Flash Fiction)

This is a flash fiction piece I wrote a couple of days ago.  I believe it shows a woman in a bad relationship that is coming to terms with her strength.  Please let me know what you think.  That’s my two-cents for the day.

The heartless bastard abandoned me. Doesn’t he realize the cruel damage he caused my heart. I don’t regret loving him, but I won’t play second fiddle to anyone’s drinking.
I can’t stand to be around him when he is drinking.  He gets sickly sweet and then meaner than hell. I told him I was going to Angie’s for a while.  She always helped me cope with Don’s drinking. I was only gone two hours; he packed his clothes, and left.
The apartments empty, I have to sit down. God it smells in here. Rocking back and forth gives me a new perspective on my life. I haven’t lost my life, only my pride.  I may not have him, but that’s just fine. I know he’s not my destiny. I will keep looking until I find it. When I do, I will know I’ve arrived at my destiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment